Popular Posts

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, on St Patrick's Day

It was St Patrick's Day on Saturday and Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, marked the occasion by presenting shamrocks to the Irish Guards in Aldershot in England. She wore a forest green Emilia Wickstead coat dress and a Betty Boop hat by Lock & Co. She also wore a gold Irish Guards brooch that belonged to the Queen Mother.
I adore the full skirt of this coat dress. It is exactly what I would have dressed her in as it really flatters her rather straight figure. Her signature belt was perfectly in keeping with the balance of the outfit. And I think that the dark chocolate brown of the accessories was delicious, if a tad matchy-matchy.
Maybe I would have liked to have seen a more strident shade of green for the coat, seeing as it was St Paddy's day. Sometimes we want to see a bit of frivolity. But she left that to her interaction with the dog as she placed a shamrock on his collar too. Sweet. But staged.
So what do you think of this outfit, gang? I am a fan. I think that it is lovely and works well and she is a hit across the board. I think I may prefer it when she is with Prince William or other members of the royal family as it allows her to be a little less stiff - I imagine it is still a daunting task to do this sort of thing entirely on your own - so it helps when she has others to fall back on. But I say well played. You?



No comments:

Post a Comment