Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

African Designer Maki Oh Making Waves

How I love it when African designers make an impression on the great and good of the Hollywood red carpet. And the latest one to crack it is the delightful Nigerian designer Maki Oh. I could literally skip with joy. And it is none other than the divine Solange Knowles who stepped out in it first. Well, just the blouse, you understand, the rest is Salvatore Ferregamo. But good company to keep.
And then the very next evening Leelee Sobieski wore an entire look from the latest collection shown at Arise Fashion Week. Look. It didn't exactly get universal praise. It was a bit of either you loved it or hated it. And there were those white stilettos. You know. But I liked it. And when I saw the runway shot of my friend Naomi/Lex K in the outfit, I have got to say I liked it even more. Rock on Maki Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment