Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Girl to Watch: Analeigh Tipton

Let me introduce you to the new girl to watch. She is actress/model/ice skater Analeigh Tipton. You may recognise her. She came third in America's Next Top Model - the season we watched a few months ago here in SA. She was also in Green Hornet (briefly) and in last year's wonderful movie Crazy, Stupid, Love. Now she is on the promotion trail for her new movie Damsels in Distress, for which she wore this amazing, swooping, backless, spangly black dress by Johanna Johnson. So much to it and yet perfectly simple and modern. I think the dress is exceptional. And Analeigh does it proud.
Analeigh wore this beautiful nude beaded gown to the Venice Film Festival to promote the film, and it is so amazing to run through her photos as her body - trained by years as an ice skater and more recently as a high fashion model - falls to easily into beautiful postures. There is something so lovely about seeing great posture. It is an old fashioned concept, but so important and something that the young actresses like Kristen Stewart can learn from.
It's been a while since I pointed out someone to watch. The last person was Felicity Jones and that was last year. But just take a look at these looks from Analeigh over the past few months. Each one different. Each one lovely. This young actress also has a naturally smiling mouth and eyes. Tyra taught her well. And I love a smiley face. It makes me happy and makes me like you. I like you, Analeigh. I can't wait to see more from you. I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment