Popular Posts

Monday, April 2, 2012

Keira Knightly for Interview Magazine April 2012

We all have those actors that we simply can't bear to watch. The ones that no matter how good the movie - or how beautiful the dress in the movie - you simply can't spend two hours of your life in their company. I am very sad to say that for me, that actor is Keira Knightly.
Shame really. She is awfully pretty. And I am sure that her films are very good. Everyone says they are. But I saw her in Bend it Like Beckham and it was super-bad. Never again. Soz 'n chips. But I will say that I really like this magazine cover - for the April issue of Interview.
I am drawn to the darker things in life, and this is dark and twisted and intense. Really intense. The image inside the mag carries on in the same vein and she looks like some kind of 80s dominatrix David Byrne. (If you don't know who David Byrne is, look him up, it'll be worth it)

The story was shot by the finest of photographic couples, Mert + Marcus for the issue.

The interview was done by her current director, David Cronenberg, for the movie A Dangerous Method, and I imagine that the styling of this shoot is intended to reflect this kind of atmosphere.


What do you guys think? Do you like dark Keira? Do you like the story? Let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment