Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2012 BRIT Awards Red Carpet: Best Dressed

I love the Brit Awards. Aside from not being able to find it to watch on television last night, I did follow on Twitter and was appropriately happy when Adele took two of the awards and new-comer Ed Sheeran took two of his own. Lovely jubbly. Adele was one of the best dressed of the night, dressed as she was in Burberry. Black, of course, but about as lovely as you can imagine. I adored the moment even the delightful veteran Kylie Minogue got giddy when she posted a pic of the hug she got off Adele. Kylie looked spectacular in blue YSL. And that Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine. Well. Didn't she just look totally out of this world. Fittingly in the alien-esque stylings of Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. This was custom made for Flo. Spectacular.
And yet, my favourite favourite wasn't amongst the biggest names. I mean that incredible mesh and lace red frock from Falguni & Shane Peacock that my girl Jessie J wore was even better. As was that sherbet yellow Versace number on Nicole Scherzinger. So elegant. But I think the best of the best was new girl Lana del Rey in her red Vivienne Westwood. Understated. Beautiful. And not a gangsta intonation to be seen. Lovely. What do you think?
I was interested to see that Adele changed into a different frock for her performance. Equally nice, if not even nicer actually. I loved the moment when, after the Kylie hug she said, "I feel like I look like a drag queen next to you...I'm wearing heels." So real, as ever. I am pretty sure it is exactly what I would feel like standing next to Kylie.
And of course I can't help myself but to mention the Givenchy couture outfit that Rihanna wore. Let's get our recent check list out, shall we. Slashed to the navel? Check. Split up to the crotch? Check. Wide open back? Check, check. Really? So bored. Stop it. Go away. And I love Givenchy more than life itself. Grrrr.
PS: Click on the pics to make them bigger, as ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment