Popular Posts

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012

I remember when I first saw a movie with Monica Bellucci in it. I was at University about 100 years ago and was awfully serious about FILM. Generally I would only watch sub-titled European psycho-sexual masterpieces. And it was in all that, that I met the wonderous Monica. And I truly thought I had never seen such a beautiful woman before. I wanted to be just like her. And I still do. Look at her in the latest campaign from Dolce & Gabbana for Spring 2012.
Monica is of course the older lady in black. Bianca Balti is the other one. The potential daughter-in-law maybe? The one that is going to steal away the son of the Italian matriarch. Ah, the portrayal of Italian family life are deep and rich and fun and beautiful. And there is a part of all of us that wants to be a member of that family!
The campaign was shot by Giampaolo Sgura in southern Italy and are supposed to depict Sunday best. In a time when you still saved your most glorious dresses for church. Magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment