Popular Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

Looks I Loved This Weekend: Zoe Saldana, Frieda Pinto, Emma Stone. And Coco Rocha in Christian Dior.

Every Sunday night I sit and browse my feeds for the best looks that I may have missed over the weekend and possibly a few days before. It is my favourite time of the week. It is relaxed and I can literally edit the fashion of the stars, as I select and reject candidates for the weekly post of 'Looks I Loved'. Such fun. I feel a bit like the guy who does the annual best and worst dressed lists. Yay.
This weekend, I couldn't miss the lovely Zoe Saldana's icy green Elie Saab creation that she wore to the Latin Grammys. The sister dress of Gwynnie's from last week, this was a cracker of a look. Well played lady. And then there was that cute day dress from Freida with-her-mojo-back Pinto. It is a dress by a designer called Michael Angel, who I am not familiar with, but those shoes are Roger Vivier and they rock. Hard. And Emma Stone can always be trusted to bring it with a splash of quirk as she does here in the tangerine Carven maxi dress. Super-awesome.
But none captured my imagination quite like this couture dress that Coco Rocha wore at the end of last week. It is a bubble of job by the House of Christian Dior. We have seen so little pleasure from this old stalwart since the dreadful departure of Galliano, that it is most exciting to me when I do manage to glimpse a tiny piece of what it used to be. Happiness in a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment