Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Taylor Swift Goes Preppy in Ralph Lauren

First let me declare I love preppy. Not really for me to wear, as such, but as a style concept, I adore it. It is cute, organised, pretty and speaks eloquently about the person wearing it. Taylor Swift is very young, and so usually I disregard her style. She has moments, of course, as anyone with her kind of money and exposure must have. She generally wears super pretty clothes to her awards shows and all that. Ocassionally, really, really pretty gowns.
But yesterday she grabbed my attention. Wearing a cute mustard pleated skirt is a great start. You know how I like me a pleated mini skirt. Pairing it with Ralph Lauren is a great play. And then the punch of burgundy in those shoes. Stroke of genius people.
While we are on the subject of youngsters making style statements, can I just say a heartfelt 'played' to Master Justin Bieber on that Junya Watanabe college jacket. Stroke of luck, one would think, rather than genius. But good one never the less. It rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment