Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pedro Almodovar Tribute at the MOMA Brings Out the Chanel Couture

I remember my first Pedro Almodovar film. It was Women of the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown and despite my pretentious love of subtitled films at the time, I fell in love with this new, fresh, Spanish style of telling women's stories without any of the suppression of the British and French and none of the cheesy 'glossing over' of the Americans. It blew my mind and I have been a dedicated fan ever since.
And rightly so, Pedro was honoured by starts of stage and screen at the Museum of Modern Art on Tuesday night. And boy did it bring out the Chanel. But since Kaiser Karl Lagerfeld was in attendance, I am not that surprised.
The lovely Blake Lively, Emma Stone and Elizabeth Olsen all went with the new, young, fresher Chanel. And it was good.
Bucking the trend, but losing nothing in doing so, were models Lara Stone in Calvin Klein and Miranda Kerr in Peter Pilotto. They look brilliant.
It occurs to me, as I write about some of my fave style-celebs, that it is high time Lizzie Olsen gets herself a hot, famous boyfriend. Just take a look - Blake is with Ryan Reynolds, Emma is with Spiderman Andrew Garfield, Miranda is married to Orlando Bloom, and Lara most interestingly to David Walliams. Leaving only Elizabeth, to our knowledge. Right, time to get her set up, me thinks. Who do you think she would get on with?

No comments:

Post a Comment